Re: Perfomance of postgresql-7.0.3-2 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Thomas Wong
Subject Re: Perfomance of postgresql-7.0.3-2
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,
  Maybe use less columns/table if possible. It is possible the client to
share the load with the server ? Some processing can still be done by
the client. Btw, do you measure the system performance (disk access, cpu
load, bla bla bla on the OS). I tried using "hdparm" to increase my disk
access speed on my server and it's help.

hopefully this suggestion will help..

Regards,
Thomas wong