Re: Trying to build 7.0.3 on SCO 5.0.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Smith
Subject Re: Trying to build 7.0.3 on SCO 5.0.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok commented out, did a make clean and it rebuild ok.
Created a user postgre and did an inintdb -D/usr2/broker/database as
that user. Started the postmaster with the -i option. Now when I create
a database ...

createdb company
psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user postgre, database
template1
createdb: database creation failed

now the pg_hba.conf file says
local        all                                           trust
host         all         0.0.0.0     255.255.255.255     trust

which to me is wide open. I know it is the right config file because if
I edit it and place invalid values I get a bad config file error.

Ideas?