Re: Does this table exist? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From KuroiNeko
Subject Re: Does this table exist?
Date
List pgsql-general
 Alvaro,

> Now, I'm building a database to hold customer data that needs to be
> organized in a one-table-per-customer manner. No, I don't think there's
> another way to do this

 Maybe, there's  still a way to  implement this in a  theoretically correct
manner? In  fact, the  amount of  data (meaning  cardinal number,  I guess)
doesn't matter that much.
 Of course,  you can always query  data dictionary (system tables)  to find
out  whether particular  table exists,  but you're  not guaranteed  to have
these tables always the same, little bits may change between releases.
 You can split large tables `horizontally,' ie store relatively old data in
bigger, `archive' tables, and newer data in smaller, `live' ones.

--

 contaminated fish and microchips
  huge supertankers on Arabian trips

 Rainbow, Difficult to Cure