Re: Alternate locations of DB's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kiyo Kelvin Lee
Subject Re: Alternate locations of DB's
Date
List pgsql-general
The problem is that you can't share the same port for different instance of
postmaster.
Start postmaster with the option -p can help. so,

$ nohup postmaster -i -p 5432 -D /home/user/database &
$ nohup postmaster -i -p 5433 -D /home/user1/database &
$ nohup postmaster -i -p 5434 -D /home/user2/database &

should work. At least work for my linux machine.

And connect to the instances using psql as:

$ psql -p {port_no}

Kiyo

""Brian C. Doyle"" <brian@jbbent.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> How do I get Postgresql to use independantly seperate db
> locations.  Currently I have them under /home/user/database  and as long
as
> i get postmaster to run with that same location I am fine but I want to
have
> /home/user/database
> /home/user1/database
> /home/userr2/database
> ect...
>
> But I can only get  one instance of the postmaster running at a time .
How