Pb with arrays in PostgresQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pascale Thomas
Subject Pb with arrays in PostgresQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

My name           :  Pascale Thomas
My E-mail        :  p.thomas@smie.com

Configuration :  PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
pgcc-2.91.66

I have problems with an array in a table.
The name of the table is "societe", the name of the array is "event_ok",

declared in my create table operation as "event_ok int2[]".
It is an array of integer, as described in the postgresql documentation.

(Postgresql User's Guide, chapter 8, Arrays).
I have initiated each array in a row with 40 values.
I trie to access a single element in the array using the select command
:
    "select  nom_soc from societe where event_ok[1]=1"
The error message is : Unable to locate type name 'event_ok' in catalog
If I do "select event_ok from societe", no problem, the total array of
each row of the table is described.
Otherwise, if I do "select event_ok[1] from societe", the same error
message occurs.
The operation of updating a single element of the array works correctly.

Where is the bug ?
Thank you for answer.