Re: OID Perfomance - Object-Relational databases - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: OID Perfomance - Object-Relational databases
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom, Bruce,
Thanks.  I think that gives me a pretty clear picture.  How can we
submit this whole OID thing to the PGSQL FAQ?  Want me to write it up?
                -Josh Berkus

P.S. BTW, my conclusion based on this discussion is that I will not use
the OIDs for indexing/linking.  Instead, I will embrace Michael's
earlier suggestion and have already created universal_sq and started
migrating primary keys to that sequence.

P.P.S. Thank you both for taking the time to hash out this issue.

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology      josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions       (415) 436-9166  for law firms, small