Re: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexp - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Buddy Lee Haystack
Subject Re: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexp
Date
List pgsql-general
Houston, we've got a problem with SMP boxes...

I commented out the first simple query that counted records in the database at script startup, and the problems
disappeared.I "THINK" the threading was closing the statement handle before the results of the query were returned to
themod_perl scripts on the SMP box.

The SMP box was a bit too fast! I'd like to reiterate that I have the same, IDENTICAL software on 2 systems [every
singlesoftware package & patch]. No problems on the 4.5 year old single processor Intel box I use for development. For
now,I'll run the scaled down version on the production box, but this issue should be addressed. I can't be the only
personwith this issue.

Thanks!

--
BLH