[Fwd: Re: no ORDER BY in subselects?] - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject [Fwd: Re: no ORDER BY in subselects?]
Date
Re: [Fwd: Re: no ORDER BY in subselects?]  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
List pgsql-sql
Ooops, posted this to Phillip rather than the list, sorry Phillip ...

Folks,

Philip Warner wrote:

> At 15:23 20/09/00 +0200, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> >
> >ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "order"
> >
> >Aren't ORDER BY clauses allowed in subselects?
> >

> It is a very very sad fact, but, no, they're not.

Hmmmm ... can't say as I've ever seen an ORDER BY in a subselect before.
Why would you want one?

And if you do want one, Louis-David, you can always use a temporary
table as previously described.

-Josh

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete