Re: Proposal for new PL/Perl README - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles DAROLD
Subject Re: Proposal for new PL/Perl README
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Edward Q. Bridges" <ed.bridges@buzznik.com> writes:
> > since there is no email address for a maintainer on that, i post it here
> > for review, comment, and (hopefully) integration with the source tree.
>
> Mark Hollomon <mhh@mindspring.com> is the originator of plperl.  Please
> get together with him on documentation and code updates.  We're glad to
> accept updates but it's only fair to let Mark comment first...
>
>                         regards, tom lane

I also proposed to removed the POLLUTE option by applying the following patch

to the plperl.c file. It compile well on Perl 5.005_03 and Perl 5.6.0.

328c328
<       if (SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv)))
---
>       if (SvTRUE(GvSV(errgv)))
334c334
<               elog(ERROR, "creation of function failed : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(PL_errgv), PL_na));
---
>               elog(ERROR, "creation of function failed : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(errgv), na));
444c444
<       if (SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv)))
---
>       if (SvTRUE(GvSV(errgv)))
450c450
<               elog(ERROR, "plperl : error from function : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(PL_errgv), PL_na));
---
>               elog(ERROR, "plperl : error from function : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(errgv), na));

Regard,

Gilles