pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Buddy Lee Haystack
Subject pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
I have been using:

*RedHat Linux 6.1 [2.2.12-20] on Intel
*PostgreSQL 6.5.3-3 [your RPMs]
*Perl 5.00503
*Apache 1.3.9
*mod_perl 1.21
*DBI 1.13
*DBD-Pg-0.93

on 2 Intel systems without any problems for several months now, the production website is an SMP box & the development
boxis a old, single processor intel.

My development box works fine, but when I recently moved the exact same mod_perl scripts over to the production server
Ireceived the following error message:

"null: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the
backendterminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
[error] Couldn't execute statement: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the
backendterminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend: The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and
possiblycorrupted shared memory. I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database
systemconnection and exit. Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query."

I'm confused. Where do I need to start looking? The script is fine...

Thanks!

--
BLH
www.RentZone.org