contrib module soundex in CVS snapshot (function returning text and TOAST ???) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From g.p.ciceri
Subject contrib module soundex in CVS snapshot (function returning text and TOAST ???)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,
I've just downloaded the latest CVS snapshot, to play with
TOASTed text field. I've tried to compile contrib extensions
but I've some problem with soundex.

I take

gcc -c  -I../../src/include  -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -I. -fpic soundex.c -o soundex.o
soundex.c: In function `text_soundex':
soundex.c:37: invalid lvalue in assignment
make: *** [soundex.o] Error 1

text_soundex() is declared as

text *
text_soundex(text *t)

perhaps the interface is changed with TOAST.

Any FAQ pointer to help me in this case ???
TIA

/gp

--
Discussion: How do you feel about Open Source firms making
millions through public offerings?

"I wish these companies were making the same millions without
distributing any non-free, user-subjugating software." --                                               Richard
Stallman

"We're not here to let the monkey dance."                    g.p.
 Gian Paolo Ciceri        Via B.Diotti 45 - 20153 Milano MI ITALY     CTO @ Louise        mobile :   ++39 348 3658272
                             eMail  :   gp.ciceri@acm.org,

gp.ciceri@louise.it                           webSite:   http://www.louise.it