Re: os.h - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Don
Subject Re: os.h
Date
List pgsql-general
Horst Herb wrote:

> Where is the misterious "os.h" located that is required when I try to use libpq++ ??? It is not included in the 7.02
packages(neither source nor binary packages). There are no problems / error messages when using just libpq.

> The other misteriously missing file seems to be "Makefile.global" when trying to make the examples coming with the
"test"package.

> Did I miss an important README? (Thought I had read them all)
>
> Horst

As I understand os.h should be in postgres include directory and it's
just symlink on proper include file for your os from directory "port"
For example on debian linux it must be in /usr/include/postgresql
directory and it's symlink on .././port/linux.h. But when I made
posgresql-dev debian package from sources I got an error "os.h: now such
file ..." Therefore I've created package without this file and then
after installation I've copied file src/include/port/linux.h from
postgresql sources into /usr/include/postgresql/os.h.
So if the file os.h is absent in postgresql include directory on your
system take proper include file from src/include/port from postgresql
sources and copy it as os.h

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury