Re: php and pgsql and rpm/compile - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: php and pgsql and rpm/compile
Date
List pgsql-general
Adam Lang wrote:

> I have php installed from rpm.  I'm trying to rpm the package
> php-pgsql-3.0.15.i386.rpm so that I can tie in to the postgres server.
>
> It is coming back with a dependency for libpq.so.2.0

The original packages distributed with RH 6.1 and 6.2 are for PostgreSQL
6.5.3 -- and the other RPM's built from that same distribution depend
upon PostgreSQL 6.5.3's libpq -- which is 2.0.

> I have /usr/local/pgsql/lib in the ld.so.conf file.

> I'm not sure what else to try, but I really hope the answer of "compile php"
> isn't the answer.

You can install the 7.0.2 RPMset, grab the source RPM for php, rebuild
it using (as root) rpm --rebuild php*.src.rpm, and install the freshly
built packages with rpm -i from /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386.  Of course,
that rebuild will require a relatively complete development machine...

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio