Re: PL/Perl compilation error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles DAROLD
Subject Re: PL/Perl compilation error
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have take a look to the source code concerning PL/Perl, it seems that 2 variables
have a bad call : errgv and na.

If you replace them by their normal call (in 5.6.0) PL_errgv and PL_na you will get
success to compile the lib plperl.so.

Also in Perl documentation you will find the answer for backward compatibility :

> The API function perl_get_sv("@",FALSE) should be used instead of directly accessing
> perl globals as GvSV(errgv). The API call is backward compatible with existing perls and
> provides source compatibility with threading is enabled.

It seems to be easily repared. I have no time yet but I will take a look as soon as possible.

Regards
Gilles