Re: Optimizing huge inserts/copy's - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jie Liang
Subject Re: Optimizing huge inserts/copy's
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I knew that if no constarint, it populate very quick, my question is:
when two tables have been
reloaded, then I want to add a foreign key constraint to it, say:
tableA has primary key column (id)
tableB has a column (id) references it, so I say:
ALTER TABLE tableB ADD CONSTRAINT distfk FOREIGN KEY (id) REFERENCES
tableA(id)  ON DELETE CASCADE ;

It just seems takes forever.

Thanks anyway.

--