Problems with view - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carsten Zerbst
Subject Problems with view
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello If got a problem creating a view.

My DB has (among others :-) the following table (shorted a bit):

CREATE TABLE "adressen" (
    "adrid" int4 NOT NULL,
    "name1" character varying(100) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY ("adrid")
);

CREATE TABLE "mitglieder" (
    "mitid" int4 PRIMARY KEY,
    "name" character varying(100) NOT NULL,
    "anschrift" int4 references adressen(adrid),
    "postanschrift" int4 references adressen(adrid),
    "firmenanschrift" int4 references adressen(adrid)
);

containing now several thousand members of technical society. For
letters etc. I like to combine postgres with Soffice, which works fine.
But I need a view, wich contains something like this:

select mitlieder.name, adressen.name1 where mitglieder.mitid in (some
conditions on the members) and adressen.adrid = the adrid saved in
mitglieder.anschrift of each mitglieder.mitid

The latter is a real pain, I tried it over and over to define a query
which gives me the desired result.

Desired waiting for advice, Carsten

--
Dipl. Ing. Carsten Zerbst         |   Express your needs for the
zerbst@tu-harburg.de              |
http://www.tu-harburg.de/~skfcz   |   http://www.tu-harburg.de/skf/tcltk