Re: Re: [GENERAL] +/- Inf for float8's - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Timothy H. Keitt
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] +/- Inf for float8's
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I can't say whether its worth the trouble to add NaN, but I will say that NaN
is not the same as NULL.  NULL is missing data; NaN is 0./0.  The difference
is significant for numerical applications.

Tim

--
Timothy H. Keitt
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis