Re: select an entry with a NULL date field - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kate Collins
Subject Re: select an entry with a NULL date field
Date
List pgsql-sql
Try:

select entry_id from tbl_date where date02 is null;

Kate

Web Manager wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with PostgreSQL when I try to select or delete an entry
> with an empty date. That's a typical entry
>
> Table tbl_date
> -----------------------------
> entry_id    154
> date_01    2000-01-15
> date_02    this date is NULL
> name        my_test
> -----------------------------
>
> I want to select every entry containing date_02 as NULL
> I tried :
> >select entry_id from tbl_date where date_02=NULL;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "null"
> >select entry_id from tbl_date where date_02='';
> Not work, that's a wrong date format
> >select entry_id from tbl_date where date_02="";
> Not work, "" considered as an attribute
>
> Thank you for your time!
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Marc Andre Paquin

Katherine (Kate) L. Collins
Senior Software Engineer/Meteorologist
Weather Services International (WSI Corporation)
4 Federal Street
Billerica, MA 01821
EMAIL:  klcollins@wsicorp.com
PHONE:  (978) 670-5110