Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, so 027_stream_regress.pl is not prepared to deal with any unlogged
> tables that may be left in the regression database (which is what my
> spgist addition did).  I first tried doing a TRUNCATE of the unlogged
> table, but that doesn't work either, and it turns out that the
> regression database does not have any UNLOGGED relations.  Maybe that's
> something we need to cater for, eventually, but for now dropping the
> table suffices.  I have pushed that.

It does seem like the onus should be on 027_stream_regress.pl to
deal with that, rather than restricting what the core tests can
leave behind.

Maybe we could have it look for unlogged tables and drop them
before making the dumps?  Although I don't understand why
TRUNCATE wouldn't do the job equally well.