Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Charles Martin wrote:
> When I do a pg_dump using PG 9.6, I got this:
>
> > pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "docfile" failed: PQgetCopyData() failed.
> > pg_dump: Error message from server: server closed the connection unexpectedly
> >     This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> >     before or while processing the request.
> > pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.docfile (docfile_pkey, docfileoriginalname,
> > ordernumber, versionnum, docfilecontents, docfilepath, docfileextension, enddatetime,
> > endby, editnum, insby, insdatetime, modby, moddatetime, active, doc_fkey) TO stdout;

You probably have a corrupted database.

You should get that fixed first, then you can upgrade.

Maybe you should hire a professional for that.

The other alternative is that you hava a buggy extension installed
that causes PostgreSQL to crash.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe