Re: Large number of partitions of a table - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Large number of partitions of a table
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 1/16/22 11:38 PM, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>> so no query should ever have to use more than 1 partition.

> I find it hard to believe that you'll *never* run a report against more
> customers than are in a single partition.

Yeah, I'm a little suspicious of that.  The other thing I'd be worried
about, given that the OP is using v13, is that UPDATE/DELETE planning
performance can be pretty awful with lots of partitions.  There were
some O(N^2) behaviors in there that we didn't get rid of till v14.

            regards, tom lane