Re: JDBC and Timestamps - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: JDBC and Timestamps
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> ... I'm noticing problems with the timestamp fields. The JDBC
> driver when writing a Timestamp value to postgres is passing the value
> to the backend as a String in the following format "yyyy-mm-dd
> hh:mm:ss.fffffffff" <-- the last part .fffffffff is nanosecs.

Do you actually need nanosecond (or sub-microsecond) resolution? At the
moment, Postgres rounds internal values *and* truncates printed results
to avoid accumulating internal roundoff errors. But I did that pretty
conservatively, rather than actually testing to see if it could carry
more precision.

If you want to test with more precision, we could try some variations...
                 - Thomas