Re: on line numbers, drop table errors, and log files - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Richards
Subject Re: on line numbers, drop table errors, and log files
Date
List pgsql-sql
> As I mentioned earlier, your solution worked great.  I am a bit
> puzzled about the syntax that is created by my old method, using
> "pg_dump -D -u -a".  I wonder why it creates "create sequence ..."
> commands instead of "update sequence ..."?

That is a good question. I do not know the answer. Since it is
understood that you are dumping the data and not the schema, that
would imply to me that the schema (sequences included) should already
exist and need to be updated. Of course I feel that implicitly it
should be cleaning out the contents of the tables when this is done
as well.

Perhaps someone on the team could comment on this.

-Michael
Canadians