pg_stat_ssl additions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject pg_stat_ssl additions
Date
Re: pg_stat_ssl additions  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
During discussions of alternative SSL implementations, contrib/sslinfo
is usually mentioned as something that something needs to be done about.
 I've looked into adapting some functionality from sslinfo into the
pg_stat_ssl view.  These two facilities have a lot of overlap but seem
mostly oblivious to each other.

The attached patch series

- Adds a documentation link from sslinfo to pg_stat_ssl.

- Adds tests under src/test/ssl/ for the pg_stat_ssl view.

- Changes pg_stat_ssl.clientdn to be null if there is no client
certificate (as documented, but not implemented). (bug fix)

- Adds new fields to pg_stat_ssl: issuerdn and clientserial.  These
allow uniquely identifying the client certificate.  AFAICT, these are
the most interesting pieces of information provided by sslinfo but not
in pg_stat_ssl.  (I don't like the underscore-free naming of these
fields, but it matches the existing "clientdn".)

Attachment