Re: Regression tests failures on Windows Server 2019 - on master at commit # d816f366b - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regression tests failures on Windows Server 2019 - on master at commit # d816f366b
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That fixed the immediate problem, but dblink, postgres_fdw tests failed:
> +ERROR:  could not establish connection
> +DETAIL:  connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 5432 failed: FATAL:
>  role "SYSTEM" does not exist

[ scratches head... ]  Where is libpq getting that username from?
Why is it different from whatever we'd determined during initdb?
(Maybe a case-folding issue??)

> The dblink and fdw failures can presumably be fixed by passing current_user as
> the username. That seems like a good idea anyway?

I don't think it's a good idea to hack that without understanding
why it's suddenly going wrong.