Re: Inprise InterBase(R) 6.0 Now Free and Open Source - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Inprise InterBase(R) 6.0 Now Free and Open Source
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> $ wc InterBase/dsql/parse.y
>     4217   13639  103059 InterBase/dsql/parse.y
> $ wc postgresql-7.0.2/src/backend/parser/gram.y
>     5858   20413  149104 postgresql-7.0.2/src/backend/parser/gram.y

Hmm. I suspect that I could shrink our gram.y by ~25% just by removing
comments and C support routines, and by consolidating some execution
blocks onto fewer lines. Does it look like their parse.y is more dense
than ours, do they do a lot of postprocessing to eliminate the yacc
rules, or have we missed the boat on writing the grammar in yacc?

Just curious; I probably won't look myself since I don't want to run the
risk of compromising our code and licensing. Or is that not an issue
with the Inprise license?
                   - Thomas