TCL updates - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kyle
Subject TCL updates
Date
List pgsql-sql
Jan wrote:
>   Beginning  with Tcl 8.0, dual ported objects got used to deal
>    with values. These have (amongst performance issues) alot  of
>    benefits.  Changing  all  the  call  interfaces would make it
>    impossible to use PL/Tcl with a  pre  8.0  Tcl  installation.
>    Since  we're  now  at Tcl 8.3 (the last I've seen), ISTM it's
>    not a bad decision to force the upgrade.
>
>    Comments?

Jan, I would support this upgrade.  I think TCL runs much faster with
the dual ported calls, right?

I would also like to see proper support for nulls in TCL functions as
this has caused us some problems in the past.

BTW, any news on this:  Is there a plan for a way to allow a FK
reference to a table without giving the user select,update privilege on
the referenced table?  This is currently causing us some grief in our
design.

Kyle

Attachment