Re: MySQL comparison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: MySQL comparison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:

>  - MySQL is a fully multi-threaded using kernel threads.
>    PostgreSQL has a number of back-end processes defined at compile time, by
> default 32.

It's better not to mention this. I used to work for a database vendor
with a process model (i.e. like postgres), and we could still beat the
opposition who had a threaded model. The bottom line is that
thread/process isn't that important. We even used to beat the opposition
in number of databases/connections, by a huge margin. It's an
implementation detail. Don't confuse people by throwing it up.