7.0.2 issues / Geocrawler - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tim Perdue
Subject 7.0.2 issues / Geocrawler
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Well, I took Thomas' advice and upgraded to 7.0.2 from source.tar.gz.

For some reason, I cannot create the following index:

db_geocrawler=# DROP INDEX idx_mail_archive_list_subject;
ERROR:  index "idx_mail_archive_list_subject" nonexistent

db_geocrawler=# CREATE  INDEX "idx_mail_archive_list_subject" on
"tbl_mail_archive" using btree ( "fld_mail_
list" "int4_ops", "fld_mail_subject" "text_ops" );
ERROR:  cannot create idx_mail_archive_list_subject

[root@geocrawler db_geocrawler]# rm -f idx_mail_archive_list_subject

That removes the physical file on disk, so I can then try to create it
again. If I then issue the SQL command, postgres accepts it and it runs
forever, never creating more than an 8192 byte file.

If you watch your process list:

[root@geocrawler db_geocrawler]# ps ax PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND 457 ?        SW     0:00 [postmaster]1419 ?
  R      1:34 [postmaster]

Eventually, the psql connection disappears from the process list and I
get strange postmaster processes running (see above).

After that, I get this error from psql:

ERROR:  btree: index item size 2820 exceeds maximum 2717

Any way to tell where that item is at?