Re: AW: more corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tim Perdue
Subject Re: AW: more corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:
> > > -I created a new db
> > > -used the old db schema to create all new blank tables
>
> vacuum new db
> (I would do a tar backup of the whole old db)
> vacuum old db, if that is possible

Was not possible.

> > > -copied the physical table files from the old data
> > directory into the
> > > new database directory
>
> if above vacuum old db was not possible copy old pg_log

Oops - I didn't do that.

> > > -currently vacuuming the new db - nothing is barfing yet

Actually, the vacuum seemed to be running forever making no progress so
I killed it.

> > > -now hopefully I can create my indexes and be back in business

I vacuumed here and it worked. I did not use my "old" pg_log file - what
did I lose?

Tim

--
Founder - PHPBuilder.com / Geocrawler.com
Lead Developer - SourceForge