Re: pg11+: pg_ls_*dir LIMIT 1: temporary files .. not closed at end-of-transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg11+: pg_ls_*dir LIMIT 1: temporary files .. not closed at end-of-transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> Shouldn't pg_ls_dir_files() retry stat() on ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED just
> like the pgwin32_open() does to ignore files in "delete pending" state?

That would soon lead us to changing every stat() caller in the system
to have Windows-specific looping logic.  No thanks.  If we need to do
this, let's put in a Windows wrapper layer comparable to pgwin32_open()
for open().