Re: Bug #490: Can't compile PostgreSQL 7.1.3 with Solaris 2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #490: Can't compile PostgreSQL 7.1.3 with Solaris 2.6
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Trying to compile postgresql under solaris 2.6 configure stops
> claiming about an unknown symbol "optreset". I wasn't able to fix the
> problem.

You misread it: the log shows that it's the test after the optreset one
that is failing.  That test is just trying to compile and run a trivial
test program.  The only reason I can think of for it to fail is if you
have a problem with the libraries that it's linking.

Without seeing the error message it's impossible to guess more than
that...

            regards, tom lane