Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in thisexpressioncontext - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Paul McGarry
Subject Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in thisexpressioncontext
Date
List pgsql-sql
Paul McGarry wrote:

> If I do a 'SELECT * from view_name' and get 8 rows of data, when I
>  do a 'SELECT count(*) from view_name' I get 8 rows of the
> number 1 returned.

I've attached a script which will generate a bunch of tables and
a view then do a select * and select count(*) on that view. It
is almost certainly to do with the GROUPing used in the view.

The ouput I get is:

select * from entry_view;
 id | description_text | parent_id | minamount
----+------------------+-----------+-----------
  1 | entry one        |         0 |         1
  2 | entry two        |         1 |         2
  3 | entry three      |         2 |         7
(3 rows)

select count(*) from entry_view;
 count
-------
     2
     2
     1
(3 rows)

That doesn't make much sense to me...

Postgres 7.0.2 by the way.

I'll work on the more complex case where I got the
ERROR: ExecEvalAggref error message now.

--
Paul McGarry            mailto:paulm@opentec.com.au
Systems Integrator      http://www.opentec.com.au