Re: Proposed new libpq API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Timothy H. Keitt
Subject Re: Proposed new libpq API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
If I were implementing this in C++, I would have the result object
return a different generic STL iterator (forward, random access, etc.)
depending on how I wanted to access the data.  Perhaps you could emulate
this in C.  I generally don't like the one-interface-fits-all approach;
you get a much cleaner and extensible interface if you introduce a type
for each class of behavior being modeled.

T.

--
Timothy H. Keitt
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis