Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Nasby, Jim
Subject Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date
Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
List pgsql-advocacy
On May 12, 2011, at 4:23 PM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> The overhead of tracking who sponsored what on a feature-by-feature
> basis in release notes seems beyond what volunteers can be expected to
> keep track of. I also wouldn't want to have developer time spent on
> resolving conflicts in release notes about who sponsored what.

I don't think the tracking would be that burdensome as long as people are using good submit messages. For example,
searchingthe commit log for "Enova" would show you everything we sponsored through Command Prompt, because I know
Alvarois good about putting that information in there.

> What we could do at a project level is publish a press release that
> details the companies that sponsored features in the last release. If
> we could get cooperation and help collecting the information from the
> companies involved, I think this would be a very nice addition to the
> press packets that are created for major releases.

Also a good idea! If we see how many companies show up in the release notes, then we'd know if it'd be worth the
effort.:)
--
Jim "Decibel!" Nasby jnasby@EnovaFinancial.com
Primary: 512-579-9024     Backup: 512-569-9461