smp , php and postmaster distant - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Loïc TREGOUËT
Subject smp , php and postmaster distant
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hie ,

    I have put a database on a 2 processors db server . (2 * PII 450 Mhz
with 512 Mo RAM)

    This server is distant from the web server .

    I've a php3 interface and , i've seen some big loose of performance
.

    The request are longer when i use the bi-processor .

    Is it due to the distant server or do i need some configurations to
postmaster to accept multi prcocessors ?

    The web server and the database server are link with a 100Mbit link
!

                                                            thanks for
all