Re: Missing directory when building 8.2.3-base - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Missing directory when building 8.2.3-base
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Andrew Hammond wrote:
>> The FreeBSD database/postgres* ports depend on them. Which is
>> probably why Marc insists on keeping them.

> I hesitate to believe that seeing that they don't actually work, whereas
> we have heard no complaints that the FreeBSD ports don't work.

I would assume that "depends on" means "they prefer to download all the
smaller tarballs instead of the one big one".  But they must be building
with the complete tree in place, so this seems a mighty weak form of
dependency.