Re: URGENT : StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannotassign - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: URGENT : StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannotassign
Date
Re: URGENT : StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannotassign
List pgsql-admin
"Siddharth Rath (sirath)" <sirath@cisco.com> writes:
> Surprisingly .s.PGSQL.5432 file is not getting created in /tmp directory ( I believe this should be created).

No, it shouldn't, because that is associated with the creation of the
Unix socket file, which happens after creation of the TCP socket.

Given that you're seeing a kernel error on attempt to create the TCP
socket, I'm convinced that you're wasting your time thinking about
Postgres-internal conditions.  This is a kernel-level issue and you
need to be inquiring into what state the kernel is in that is making
it reject the bind().

            regards, tom lane