Re: Strange results when casting string to double - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange results when casting string to double
Date
List pgsql-general
Carsten Klein <c.klein@datagis.com> writes:
> On 18.02.2022 13:28, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> float8in() really just calls the operating system's strtod() function. I
>> would test that one directly with a small C program.

> That's what I did. Here's my small C program: (nicht lachen *g*)

Yeah, you said that upthread, which makes the whole thing pretty
baffling.  One possible explanation is that your small program got linked
against a different version of libc than what the Postgres backend is
using ("ldd" would help you check that, but given the age of the Postgres
installation, this seems plausible).  Beyond that it's hard to think
of any explanation other than hardware fault or corrupted executable.

            regards, tom lane