Re: Bug Report - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ralph Moser
Subject Re: Bug Report
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello!

What i have meant is that in the Creator no error occours. With earlier Versions of the driver the Creator reports also an error befor deploying the app. (After draging a DB Table on a component) The 500DEV is the first version wich alows me to drag a DB Table on a component. But if i deploy and run the app I get the error i reportet before. I am 100% shure that i use the correct driver at runtime. (Testet on an other PC with only the 500DEV driver installed)

Ralph Moser

2006/2/6, Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>:

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Ralph Moser wrote:

> I have found a Bug in your newest 8.2dev-500 JDBC 3 Driver. If I create a
> application using Java Studio Creator 2 an run the application i get the
> following error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column
> display size. Cannot be less than zero
>
> The new 500 driver is the first driver wich causes no error at design time.
> It would be great if you can fix this error.

I'm confused by your bug report.  You say that it does work and then that
it doesn't work.  Is there any chance your runtime is using a different
driver than design time?  I suspect it is because the dev-500 driver
should never return < 0 for getColumnDisplaySize().  If it is, please send
a complete stacktrace and the datatype involved.

Kris Jurka