bug in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Merrill Oveson
Subject bug in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
PGSQL-BUGS:

I recently did a pg_dump of my data from 7.0 and did an upgrade to
7.0.2.

Then I did a: psql "database name" -f "my sql dump file"

The problem is that a table was created that uses a funtion, which
function had not yet been created.
(The function is created later on in the dump file, however.)

Here is my exact error:

 psql:ati.sql:1010: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create
implicit index 'prd_part_pkey' for table 'prd_part'
 psql:ati.sql:1010: ERROR:  Function 'getpguid()' does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts
 psql:ati.sql:1807: ERROR:  Relation 'prd_part' does not exist
 psql:ati.sql:1843: ERROR:  Relation 'prd_part' does not exist
 psql:ati.sql:2310: ERROR:  Relation 'prd_part' does not exist
 psql:ati.sql:2311: invalid command \N
 psql:ati.sql:2312: invalid command \N
 psql:ati.sql:2312: invalid command \N

I never ran into this error until we moved to 7.0.2

Merrill

Incidentally, I got around this problem by creating the function before
I uploaded the dump file.