pg_description - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl DeBisschop
Subject pg_description
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm hoping to use the pg_description table (in 7.0.2) to make a few
databases
more decipherable to local developers.

Unfortunately, the only way I can see to put data in is by directly
updating
the pg_description table.  Is there any documenation for possible
alternative
procedures? I was unfortunately unable to find any.

What I would like would be something like:

  ALTER TABLE foo (ADD|UPDATE) DESCRIPTION 'Some Text Here';

and of course the ability set change psql setting to display
descriptions for
tables when I do '\dt'

Does anything like this exist?  Is it planned?

--
Karl DeBisschop                    kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com
Family Education Network/Information Please    http://www.infoplease.com