Re: Compression on ODBC? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Compression on ODBC?
Date
List pgsql-general
> ... ODBC is downloading all the rows. Is there any way to either:
> 1) Use compression on the recordset to make the call faster?

You can run through an ssh tunnel, which (I'm guessing) may compress the
result.

> 2) Download each row one at a time, when SQLFetch is called?

Use cursors.

afaik, the ODBC driver *does* allow an app to retrieve rows as they are
available on the wire (it implements its own wire interface to allow
this, for historical reasons). But I'll guess that the app is waiting
for the complete set.

Good luck!

                      - Thomas