initdb problem at solaris 8 for intel. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Koujiro Iuchi
Subject initdb problem at solaris 8 for intel.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi...
My name is Iuchi,
Please  follow up my problem.

I try install and build Postgresql-7.0 server now.
Environment:
  solaris 8 for intel Free license ( SUN OS release 5.8 Generic)
  CDE 1.4, X11 ver 6.4.1
  Postgresql-7.0 source
  gcc compiler and gmake

Problem:

Could not be execute "initdb  --pgdata=/usr/local/pgsql/data
--pglib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib"
Return message is /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_id: Permission denied.

gmake compile at postgres user and install  at root into Solaris 8
Server.
No eeror about  all make and install.

Result of  execute initdb

fabric#  su - postgres
fabric% initdb   --pgdata=/usr/local/pgsql/data
--pglib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_id: Permission denied
Could not determine current user name. You are really hosed.

I checked files and directory permission under directory of
/usr/local/pgsql,
It seem like a  postgres's GID and UID indicate numeric,
I can't understand that  phenomenom.

Please reply me??

Postgres user  environment value below,

fabric% setenv
HOME=/usr/local/pgsql
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/ccs/bin:/etc:/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/l

ocal/pgsql/bin
LOGNAME=postgres
HZ=
TZ=Japan