Re: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Gunnar R|nning wrote:

> Janossy Gergely <gjano@freemail.hu> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using Sun JDK 1.2.2 and tried to use the pgsql interface with postgresql
> > 6.x and 7.0 as well. I couldn't use any of the interfaces because
> > the method Driver.jdbcCompliant() is always false. Even with mysql driver.
>
> Hi Janossy,
>
> I guess this only means that the driver doesn't implement all the
> interfaces according to the JDBC specification. But it works fine for most
> applications as long you not are depending on esoteric(or special)
> features. In fact I'm very satisfied with it for an JDBC based web application
> I ported this week to PostgreSQL. I'm also running Sun JDK 1.2.2 as you do.
>
> regards,
>         Gunnar
From the Driver source code:
 /**  * Report whether the driver is a genuine JDBC compliant driver.  A  * driver may only report "true" here if it
passesthe JDBC compliance  * tests, otherwise it is required to return false.  JDBC compliance  * requires full support
forthe JDBC API and full support for SQL 92  * Entry Level.    *  * <p>For PostgreSQL, this is not yet possible, as we
arenot SQL92  * compliant (yet).  */ public boolean jdbcCompliant() {   return false; }