Re: ksqo? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ksqo?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
> The current KSQO code is currently #ifdef'ed out, and the 'ksqo' GUC
> variable does nothing. Is there a reason for keeping this code around?
> (or conversely, what was the original justification for disabling it?)

I disabled it because I didn't have time to fix it properly when it got
broken by the 7.1 rewrite of UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT.  I've been waiting
to see whether anyone notices that it's gone ;-).  So far the demand for
it has been invisible, so it hasn't gotten fixed.  On the other hand
I'm not quite convinced that it never will get fixed, so I haven't
applied the coup de grace.