Re: Last call for comments: fmgr rewrite [LONG] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: Last call for comments: fmgr rewrite [LONG]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> OTOH, I also have experience with code preprocessors and they're no fun
> either in an open-source environment.  You gotta port the preprocessor
> to everywhere you intend to run, make it robust against a variety of
> coding styles, etc etc.  Don't really want to go there.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a Corba idl code
generator, only simpler. Maybe as simple as a file like:

int4plus: INT4, INT4
int4minus: INT4, INT4
etc...

that gets generated into some stubs that call the real code...

Datum
int4pl_stub(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{   int32   arg1 = PG_GETARG_INT32(0);   int32   arg2 = PG_GETARG_INT32(1);
   return PG_RETURN_INT32(int4pl(arg1, arg2));
}