Re: Patch submission - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Patch submission
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>         How do I go about submitting a patch to the tree?  I've
> done the work to get libpq running on BeOS, although it looks
> like psql has some curses problems (I can pass a query on the
> command line and have it work).  It isn't much of a patch--mostly
> Makefiles and a hand-written getprotobyname and a few places
> where I have  twiddled with set/get sockopt.

We had heard earlier that getting the server-side part of the code
ported to BeOS was not likely to be possible, due to differences in
Posix compliance and threading models. Is that still the case, and you
are only planning the client-side libraries for now? I'd like to
mention it as a possibility in the "Unsupported Platforms" list in the
upcoming release...
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California