Re: Re: Why fields order is wrong ? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joe Shevland
Subject Re: Re: Why fields order is wrong ?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
In short, a statement like:

INSERT INTO Vehicles ( RegID, Owner ) VALUES ( 'DA1111', 'Bill' )

works from the psql CLI, but not through JDBC using PostgreSQL
7.0 beta 3 and prepared statements. Does this look like a
version conflict with the JDBC drivers (is it worth compiling
the ones that come with the beta again, I *think* they may
still be using the 6.5.3/Java2 drivers.

Cheers,
Joe

Paolo Sommaruga wrote:

> ------------- Begin Forwarded Message -------------

[snipped]
> > I have verified that the Postgres 7.0 beta3 works good If one insert manually
> in
> > psql the syntax which EJBoss calls
> >
> > [sql] executing statement  INSERT INTO Books ( title, discount, authors,
> price,
> > code )
> >         VALUES  (  ? ,  ? ,  ? ,  ? ,  ?  )
> >
> > but with EJBoss there is the Exception
> >
> > [Exception]
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at postgresql.util.PSQLException.translate(PSQLException.java:76)
> >         at postgresql.util.PSQLException.<init>(PSQLException.java:45)
> >         at postgresql.fastpath.Fastpath.fastpath(Compiled Code)
> >
> >                         Paolo Sommaruga
[snipped]