Re: [SQL] SQL Query help needed - newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: [SQL] SQL Query help needed - newbie question
Date
List pgsql-sql
Scott Chapman wrote:

> I am new to SQL and PostgreSQL and I'm not sure how to get this done in one
> query:
>
> I have 3 tables:
>
> Vendor
> ------
> VendorNumber
> EmailAddress
>
> CrossReference
> --------------
> VendorNumber
> PartType
> SystemType
>
> PartRequest
> --------
> RequestNumber
> PartType
> SystemType
>
> I am processing the Parts Requests.
>
> I need a query that returns the PartRequest.RequestNumber and
> Vendor.EmailAddress so I can send the Request to all Vendors that carry the
> requested PartType & SystemType combinations of parts.

SELECT RequestNumber, EmailAddress FROM PartRequest, Vendor,
CrossReference
WHERE Vendor.VendorNumber = CrossReference.VendorNumber AND
CrossReference.PartType = CrossReference.PartType AND
CrossReference.SystemType = PartRequest.SystemType;